Official campaign results in just 21 days!
- Over 13,000 entries across all four markets. For each entry, contestants entered their name, phone number, mail, and email address
- Over 49,000 page views across all four sites
- 1,968 entries completed via SMS (directly in Kohl’s department stores in four markets)
- Drove an increase in sales between 30 and 100% across each market.
- Tagga’s Customer Profiling Engine delivered a detailed report of how each media property and channel within each market contributed to contest entries and other relevant points of engagement and conversion (e.g. Facebook referrals, in-store etc.) with respect to the campaign.
The primary objective of the campaign was to raise awareness and promote sales of adidas college football paraphernalia via Kohl’s e-commerce sites in four key markets: Tennessee, Wisconsin, Nebraska and Michigan.
The campaign was a co-branded initiative between Kohl’s department stores and adidas, whereby Tagga was responsible for the design, development and deployment of the campaign leveraging its cloud-based cross-channel campaign software and labs division.
Starting on August 24th and ending September 15th, the campaign consisted of a cross-channel sweepstakes program where interested customers could enter the sweepstakes online via a branded landing page, or, in Kohl’s department stores via texting a keyword to a short code and completing the entry form on a branded mobile optimized page. Once the sweepstakes entry form was completed, customers were presented with a success page that included a link to the Kohl’s e-commerce store. Customers could then purchase adidas college football merchandise directly from their mobile or desktop devices. Prizing for the sweepstakes included college football team merchandise for each market and a grand-prize to see a game in each market (incl. airfare and accommodations). Specifically, the prizes were one merchandise prize and one grand-prize awarded in each of the four markets.
Target customer groups were made aware of the sweepstakes via Kohl’s department store signage (within the target markets), Kohls.com, Kohl’s Facebook page, Kohl’s email newsletter program. Additionally, adidas purchased advertising on Facebook and deal-focused desktop and social media sites.
For over 80 years the adidas Group has been part of the world of sports on every level, delivering state-of-the-art sports footwear, apparel and accessories. Today, the adidas Group is a global leader in the sporting goods industry and offers a broad portfolio of products. Products from the adidas Group are available in virtually every country of the world. Our strategy is simple: continuously strengthen our brands and products to improve our competitive position and financial performance.